(1) Subject to section ten, every person shall have a right of access to any record, including a record contain- ing personal information, that is in the custody or under the control of a public body:
Provided that such access shall not extend to excluded information.
(2) Where information can be extracted from a record that contains excluded information, an applicant may have access to the part of the record that is not excluded information.
(3) Nothing contained in this Act shall confer any rights to information or to a record to—
- (a) a person who is not a citizen of Zimbabwe, or is not regarded as permanently resident in Zimbabwe by virtue of the Immigration Act [Chapter 4:02], or is not the holder of a temporary employment or resi-dence permit or students permit issued in terms of that Act;
- (b) any mass media service which is not registered in terms of this Act, or to a broadcaster who is not regis-tered in terms of the Broadcasting Services Act [Chapter 12:06]; and
- (c) any foreign state or agency thereof.