09 Apr ENGAGEMENT OF CONSULTANTS – CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Zimbabwe Media Commission (ZMC) is a Constitutional body established through Constitutional Amendment 20 of 2013. The broad mandate of the Commission as spelt out by Section 249 of the Constitution and the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act (AIPPA) includes the following, among other functions:
• To ensure that the people of Zimbabwe have fair and wide access to information;
• To uphold and promote freedom of the media.
• To encourage the use and development of all the officially recognised languages of Zimbabwe; and
• To encourage the adoption of new technology in the media and in the dissemination of information.
• To monitor mass media and raise user awareness of the mass media.
• To ensure that the people of Zimbabwe have wide access to information, the Commission intends to undertake researches and studies that promote the fulfilment of its mandate.
The Commission, as mandated by the Constitution and enabling Legislation, is required to undertake research into issues affecting the media sector. In a bid to increase its capacity to conduct such research, the Commission sometimes engages the services of people with a deep knowledge and understanding of the sector. It is in this regard that the Commission desires to have a database of such individuals who might be chosen to undertake studies on behalf of the ZMC when the need arises.
Interested individuals/ entities should have the following capabilities:
1. A very good understanding of the media industry.
2. A good understanding of Print and Broadcast industries in Zimbabwe.
3. A deep understanding of legal instruments governing the conduct of the media in Zimbabwe.
4. A deep understanding of the ethical and professional standards applying to the media industry in general.
5. Good writing and analytical skills.
6. Proven ability to gather accurate and in-depth information.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should send their CVs and profiles not later than 07 May 2019. The CV’S and profiles should be dropped at or posted to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Zimbabwe Media Commission
Media Centre, Rainbow Towers Grounds
Or E-Mail to email@example.com