Accreditation of journalists and other people employed in the media is provided by Statutory 169C of 2002. The Statutory Instrument prescribes the manner and form in which an individual can lodge an application for accreditation with the Zimbabwe Media Commission. The instrument also prescribes the fee payable for accreditation.
Requirements for Accreditation
An application form for accreditation should be accompanied by the following:
• Certified copy of National Identity card;
• Two passport size photographs;
• Certified copy of professional and academic qualifications or sample of past work done;
• Where certificates are not available, applicant may submit five samples of past work done;
• Any other relevant reference materials such as a letter from the employer or media house or professional association; and
• An accreditation fee as prescribed.
The application form should be stamped and signed by the editor or bear the stamp and signature of the professional association of which the applicant is a member.