25 Jan COMMENCEMENT OF 2021 ACCREDITATION
Following its gazetting of the year 2021 Registration and Accreditation fees with the approval of the Minister of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services and through Statutory Instrument 22 of 2021, the Zimbabwe Media Commission (ZMC) advises all stakeholders and clients that mass media services, journalists and other media practitioners may now apply for Registration, Accreditation and, where applicable, renewals of the same, under the conditions provided below.
Due to the current national lockdown owing to the COVID19 pandemic, all applications for accreditation will be done ONLINE. This measure has been taken in response to the current surge in COVID19 local transmissions.
The 2021 accreditation fees are as follows:
First-time applicants: ZWL$600.00
Renewal of Accreditation: ZWL$500.00
Online Accreditation Procedure
Application forms can be downloaded from the Commission website: www.mediacommission.co.zw.
• First-time applicants can apply for accreditation using the online portal. All attachments shall be uploaded together with the completed form. Attachments include passport size photo, copy of national ID, certificates, as well as proof of payment.
• For renewal of accreditation, applicants can just hover their mouse on the tab that says Accreditation and an option for the renewal form will appear. Attachments include passport size photo.
• Alternatively, applicants can download AP3 (first-time) and AP5 (renewal) forms from the website. After completing the form, applicants scan and send them via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
• In the event that that one fails to upload attachments on the provided platform, they can email them to the corresponding email as given above.
• Media houses can send application forms for all journalists working under their stable. Accreditation cards can be collected by one representative of the media house after four days of lodging the applications. Media houses outside Harare may make arrangements with the Commission for the delivery of their accreditation cards.
• Individuals may send their applications in the same manner and make their payments upon collection of accreditation cards.
All applications must be accompanied by proof of payment.
Representatives of foreign media operating in the country are required to first obtain an invoice from the ZMC before making any payment. All applications for foreign media are paid in United States dollars (US$).
Account Details for local media:
Zimbabwe Media Commission
Samora Machel Branch
Account Number: 301 006 403 0138